Monday 17 February 2014



To : The Kind Samaritan

17th February 2014

Dear Sir,

       I am Grace Wong who works as a timekeeper with the Singapore School Transport Association, was in charge of keeping track of bus arrival and departure times for foreign workers to and from their dorms.

        On 8 December 2013, at around 9pm, I told Mr Sakthivel Kumaravelu, 33, an Indian national construction worker, to get off a shuttle bus as it was already full. He staggered off the bus and moments after the bus moved off and made a left turn into Race Course Road, he was found pinned under one of its rear wheels.

           As a result, a sea of onlookers near the bus surged forward at the crushing sound of the accident. Within minutes, they began pelting stones, beer bottles and sticks at the vehicle's windscreen.

           I had suffered a bruised left eye, a fractured right hand, and cuts on my forehead, hands and legs. It could be worst if you had not pulled me out of the situation.

          If it wasn't for you, I would be killed by the rioters who are pelting rocks and throwing glass shards at me.

          I would like to thank you for saving me from the riots. 


Yours sincerely,


Grace Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment